Though Amoxicillin is a very popular and effective antibacterial drug, it has some contraindications and side effects. Pharmacy Mall reviews this topic in detail. Read the article carefully in order to prevent severe consequences for your health.
Contraindications for Amoxicillin pills or suspension use are not numerous, however, you should read them carefully to exclude the potential risks.
Common contraindications for Amoxicillin:
- Clostridium difficile infection;
- Blockage of normal bile flow;
- Severe renal disorder;
- Liver disorder;
- Allergiу to penicillins;
- Allergy to beta lactams.
This antibiotic belongs to drugs that are generally very well tolerated. Adverse reactions occur in less than 5% of all cases.
Common side effects of Amoxicillin include:
- allergic reactions: urticaria fever, allergic rhinitis, angioedema, skin rashes, itching;
- anaphylactic shock (only a few cases reported);
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract: sickness, epigastric pains, constipation or diarrhea, decreased appetite;
- changes in the state of the blood.